High Quality, Safe Surgical Services
In 2009, Mercy Memorial finished it's renovation/expansion project with the grand opening of its new surgical services department, a major component of the System’s $36 million investment in its flagship campus.
The surgical services department features:
- six operating rooms, each measuring 650 square feet
- state-of-the-art Stryker video systems
- new anesthesia and operating room equipment and central sterile processing facilities
- a dedicated entrance on the south side of the hospital, near the new emergency department
- dedicated registration and family waiting area that is large and comfortable, yet accommodates privacy
Several surgical specialties are represented on the Mercy Memorial Hospital medical staff including general surgery, obstetrics/gynecology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, otolaryngology, plastic and reconstructive, urology, vascular and gastroenterology.
In keeping with its commitment to deliver high quality, safe patient care to the community, Mercy Memorial Hospital System acquired a da Vinci Robotic Surgical System, a significant investment in the future of the level of care.