Request a Speaker
In the spirit of the ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital's mission to improve your health and well-being, we offer our Speakers Bureau. This is a free community service. Our health care professionals are available to speak at local social clubs, civic groups and other non-profit organizations. To select a speaker, an organization can complete request form online.
- Organized group of at least 20 people
- Each presentation will last for approximately 30 minutes
- Speakers offer time for a few questions and comments
- Speakers offered on a variety of health care topics
- Groups need to contact us at least six weeks prior to the event
- Complete online form
We offer a variety of topics
- Grief recovery
- Stress management
- Depression and suicide prevention
- Substance abuse
- Mental health issues in children
- “It’s not always a wonderful life.” Suicide prevention for seniors
- Healing Arts Watercolors: What is it and who may participate?
- Nutrition During Cancer Treatment
- What is Cancer Connection all about?
- What to say and what to do when someone is diagnosed with cancer
- What can I do about Lymphedema?
- What are Cancer Clinical Trials?
- Breast cancers and heredity genetic syndromes– Updates
- Prostate Cancer – New treatment options
- Skin Care – How to protect yourself
- What are Advance Directives?
- How to choose a doctor and develop a rapport?
- Discharge Planning/Continuum of Care: What’s your role after you leave the hospital?
- You and the Flu
- Understanding Vaccines (Hepatitis B, Tdap, Flu)
- Benefits of International Travel Immunizations
- Stroke – What to be aware of when seconds count!
- On your way to the emergency? Learn what's new in emergency care.
- Need an ambulance? Here's the best way to get care fast.
New Services: Interventional Cath Lab
- Why does Mercy Memorial have an Interventional Cath Lab? What this may mean to you?
- Alzheimer’s disease: What you need to know.
Home Health Care
- Do you know what health care benefits are available for senior citizens?
- Learn how seniors citizens can live independently and safely at home.
- End of life ethical issues
- Palliative care
- Pain management
- Culture consideration
- Loss, grief and bereavement
- Final hours
- Family dynamics – end of life
- Hospice referral and assessment
- Pet therapy for hospice patients
- Wounded Warriors: not leaving veterans behind
- End of life care planning
- How to become a hospice volunteer
Infectious Disease Prevention
- Emerging diseases: It’s not a spider bite.
- Community infections on the rise.
Legal Issues in Health Care
- End of life issues and advanced directives.
- Health Information Management: Accessing your medical record.
- What is Medicare Part D?
- Medication safety
Demo cooking as requested with any of these topics:
- Adult Weight Management
- Heart Health
- Holiday Stress
- Childbirth Education: What to know before labor starts
- Breastfeeding Education: Bonding with your new baby
- Keep your kids safe with Child Seat Safety
- Keep your infant safe with information on Safe Sleep
- Menopause: Understanding what's happening in you
- How to prevent sports injuries
- Chronic Pain is a horrible way to live your life. What to do about it.
- Reducing your risk for falls
- Physical Therapy as a career
- ACL injuries and prevention
- Baseball injuries
- Running injuries
- Speech and Language Disorders/Communication
- Speech Therapy as a Career
Quality and Safety
- How you can help prevent medical test mistakes
- Help prevent errors in your care
- Know your Patient Rights
- Information for living Organ Donors
- What you should know about research studies
- Sleep 101
- Could you have sleep apnea?
- Spiritual needs in health care
- da Vinci Robotic Surgery: Everything you wanted to know about robotic surgery but were afraid to ask
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Female pampering
- Total Joint replacement: Do you need a knee/hip replacement? What to ask?
- What is dating violence?
- What is a healthy relationship?