750 Stewart Road
Monroe's only hospital-based, accredited surgical center
Mercy Memorial’s Outpatient Surgery Center, located at 750 Stewart Road, offers patients comfort, convenience and quality patient care in the area’s only hospital-affiliated surgery center.
Established in the community for over 15 years, Mercy Memorial’s Outpatient Surgery Center has experienced and specialty-trained staff who deliver personalized service to each patient.
Same-day surgeries in a safe, caring environment
The Outpatient Surgery Center offers convenient, cost-effective, high-quality, minimally invasive surgical procedures in an accredited hospital-based facility.
With flexible hours and scheduling to meet each person’s needs, many patients comment about the ease of the process and are pleased with the efficiency of the center.
The Outpatient Surgery Center offers elective, outpatient surgeries including:
- General Surgery
- GI Endoscopy
- Pain Management
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have a choice on where I want to have my outpatient surgery?
Yes, as patients, you have your choice as to where you want your outpatient surgery performed.
- Does the Outpatient Surgery Center accept my insurance?
Mercy Memorial’s Outpatient Surgery Center accepts all insurances. Contact your insurance company directly to make sure you have a clear understanding of your benefit coverage or if you have other questions related to billing for the procedure.
- How long will I be at the Outpatient Surgery Center?
Each case is different, however most patients can expect to be at the Outpatient Surgery Center about two hours.
- Does my ride have to stay?
Yes, each patient must have a companion at the Outpatient Surgery Center at all times.
Patient Guide to Outpatient Surgery
Before Your Surgery
- You will receive a call from one of our nursing staff during the week of your procedure to review your health history including medications. At this time the nurse will provide additional instructions and answer any questions you may have. Your doctor’s office will provide you with a list of lab work and diagnostic tests that are required before surgery. If you have not been contacted by 1 p.m. the day before your procedure, please call the assessment nurse at (734) 240-1900.
- If you are to receive general anesthesia, spinal/epidural anesthesia or IV sedation, please follow these instructions.
- Please notify your doctor if you are taking blood thinners such as Coumadin, Plavix, Pletal, aspirin or herbal medications. It is generally necessary to discontinue these at least five (5) days prior to your procedure, or as directed by the doctor performing your procedure. Failure to do so may result in the cancellation of your procedure
- Do not eat or drink after midnight before your procedure, including water, hard candy or gum.
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol 24-hours prior to your procedure.
Day of Surgery
- Please arrive promptly at your scheduled arrival time and check in at the front desk. Please bring your photo ID and proof of insurance.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances on the day of your procedure (i.e. illness, emergency), please call (734) 240-1900 as soon as possible. A staff member is available as early as 7:30 a.m. to speak with you regarding your concerns.
- Please bring a companion with you. You must have a responsible adult accompany you on the day of surgery and to escort you home when you are ready for discharge. You cannot drive yourself or take public transportation home alone. Someone must stay with you for 24-hours after surgery. (Exception: local anesthesia).
- You are responsible for your personal items. Money, jewelry and other valuables should be left at home, including rings. Body piercings must be removed. MMHS is not responsible for the damage or loss of personal items.
- Dentures, eyeglasses and hearing aids must be removed and placed in protective containers. You may request a container from your nurse.
- Small children having surgery are encouraged to bring their favorite toy, blanket or pacifier.
The Outpatient Surgery Center is licensed and accredited by the State of Michigan Department of Community Health, The Joint Commission and the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC).