700 Stewart Road, Suite 105
At Mercy Memorial Hospital System’s Outpatient Behavioral Health Services, we believe early intervention and treatment can make a positive difference in the lives of those who are challenged with emotional problems, mental illness or chemical dependence.
Compassionate care for every need
The Outpatient Behavioral Services Department provides a full range of mental health and substance abuse services for children, adolescents, adults and families, including:
- Diagnostic evaluation and consultation
- Individual and group treatment
- Family therapy
- Medication assessment and management
- Stress reduction programs
- Substance abuse services
- Educational programs
Treatment can be arranged upon the request of the patient and/or family members, or by referral from a physician, clergy member, school representative, employer or other agency.
Mental health treatment
Our process follows a defined path that is designed to ensure the highest-quality care:
- An in-depth assessment interview ensures that we will provide the appropriate treatment
- The patient and therapist collaboratively set the treatment goals
- The treatment plan continues until each goal has been reached
- Family/support system involvement is encouraged throughout the treatment process to strengthen the patient’s support network
Therapy is provided by master-level social workers or psychologists. In cases where the prescription of medication would be beneficial, we also feature board certified psychiatrists for both adults and children.
Substance abuse treatment
Our comprehensive approach to treatment recognizes the biological, social, psychological and spiritual components of each person. Patients may enter the outpatient treatment program at any stage of dependency. The wide range of treatment services include:
- Evaluation and consultation
- Individual, group and family counseling
- Educational programs
- Treatment for children and adults who have parents who are chemically dependent
- Cooperation with self-help and 12-step programs such as Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous
All care is confidential and delivered under the supervision of a medical director in conjunction with certified addiction counselors, social workers and psychologists.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call (734) 240-1760