700 Stewart Road
Skilled nursing and rehabilitation
As part of the Mercy Memorial Hospital System continuum of care, the Nursing Center provides skilled nursing services and rehabilitation during recovery after hospitalization or surgery. It’s the next step in your transition back into the community and home, helping you to reach your full potential.
Modern accommodations for your stay
Mercy Memorial Nursing Center renovated its facility in 2011 to offer modern accommodations. Our new nurses’ stations are a striking feature as visitors step off the elevator on to the unit. Improvements in the dining room have made it more spacious and inviting; offering an enhanced dining experience for residents and guests. All patient and resident rooms have been freshened up and have new privacy curtains and user friendly blinds for the windows. Additional renovations include the main lobby, business office, therapy gym, first floor conference room and other common areas.
A team focused on you
Our registered nurses specialize in attending to your specific clinical needs. They work closely with our staff of certified nurse assistants who provide personal care services in a supportive environment. Each individualized treatment plan is designed to encourage your progress at a challenging, yet comfortable pace.
Skilled Nursing Care
The skilled nursing care program features:
- Pain management services
- Respiratory care services
- Tracheostomy services
- Total parenteral nutrition (TPN)
- Nasogastric tubes
- Care and treatment of fractures
- IV therapy
- Wound care
- Complex nursing care
- Long-term care, as needed
- A physician-directed care plan
- Patient care directed by a registered nurse
- Nursing staff composed of registered nurses (RNs) and licensed practical nurses (LPNs)
- Certified nursing assistants
- A licensed social worker
- A certified activities program director
- An on-site business office manager
Skilled Rehabilitation Care
The rehabilitation program features:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech pathology
- Orthopedic rehabilitation therapy
- Total hip, knee and joint replacement therapy
- An on-site rehabilitation director
- A state-of-the-art rehabilitation gym
Insurance and Benefits
Skilled nursing care and rehabilitation are covered benefits under Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance plans. A Mercy Memorial financial counselor can assist in determining an individual’s eligibility and available coverage.
Call (734) 240-1820 to schedule a Mercy Memorial Nursing Center tour
during one of our walk-in weekends.