700 Stewart Road
Specializing in Rehabilitation and Recovery Care
Physical Rehabilitation Care
Patients work at their own pace and are directly involved in their plan of care when it comes to regaining their independence.
An on-site rehabilitation director facilitates inter-disciplinary care at the center’s state-of-the-art rehabilitation gym and features:
- Physical therapy – the purpose is for patients to increase strength, the ability to move independently and walk. Some other elements include: gait and balance training, range-of-motion programs, assistive device training, strength exercises and more.
- Occupational therapy – this therapy focuses on increasing strength for daily activities which are essential such as bathing, dressing, toileting, cooking, feeding and others. Therapies focus on fine motor skills training, adaptive equipment training, home management, energy conservation and work simplification. .
- Speech pathology – this is given to help patients communicate with others. Therapists are also trained in identifying swallowing difficulties which often accompany many illnesses. Speech therapies may include verbal expression training, oral-motor exercises, comprehension, articulation and swallowing therapy.
- Orthopedic rehabilitation therapy
- Total hip, knee and joint replacement therapy
- Care and treatment of fractures
As part of the Mercy Memorial Hospital System continuum of care, the Nursing Center provides skilled nursing services and rehabilitation during recovery after hospitalization or surgery. It’s the next step in your transition back into the community and home, helping you to reach your full potential.
A team focused on you
The experienced team at Mercy Memorial Nursing Center has a common goal – for each patient to live as independently as possible and to return to the activities they enjoy. Each patient has an individualized treatment plan which encourages progress at a challenging, yet comfortable pace.
Our registered nurses specialize in attending to your specific clinical needs with a physician-directed care plan in place. They work closely with our staff of certified nurse assistants who provide personal care services in a supportive environment. Together, with Licensed Social Workers, everyone works in the Partners In Care – patient-focused care philosophy.
The skilled nursing care program features:
- Pain management services, Respiratory care services, complex nursing care
- IV therapy
- Wound care
- Long-term care, as needed
Long-term care is available for those who need it most. We provide skilled care and assistance 24/7 for those who have many care requirements and cannot live independently.
Modern accommodations for your stay
Mercy Memorial Nursing Center recently renovated its facility to offer modern accommodations. Our new nurses’ stations are a striking feature as visitors step off the elevator on to the unit. Improvements in the dining room have made it more spacious and inviting; offering an enhanced dining experience for residents and guests. All patient and resident rooms have been freshened up and have new privacy curtains and user friendly blinds for the windows. Additional renovations include the main lobby, business office, therapy gym, first floor conference room and other common areas.
Insurance and Benefits
Skilled nursing care and rehabilitation are covered benefits under Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance plans. A Mercy Memorial financial counselor can assist in determining an individual’s eligibility and available coverage.
Call (734) 240-1820 to schedule a Mercy Memorial Nursing Center tour during one of our walk-in weekends.
“I am able to move to a senior living center because of the care at the Mercy Memorial Nursing Center and the therapy I was given.”
“We can't thank all of you enough for the quality care my father received. We can see how dedicated, compassionate and caring you all are. Kudos to you.”
"I would highly recommend to stay here. Therapy was great. Nursing staff was wonderful. I’m really going to miss everyone."
Call (734) 240-1820 to schedule a Mercy Memorial Nursing Center tour
during one of our walk-in weekends.