Family Medicine Residency Program - Application Process
How to Apply
ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program will only accept applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Paper applications will not be accepted.
ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) and accepts applications only through the Electronic Residency Application Service Program (ERAS). You must contact your medical school for ensuring delivery of your application, transcript, and Dean’s letters and faculty recommendations to our program via the internet. Applications are reviewed by the Resident Recruitment Committee; those applicants who meet or exceed our criteria may be considered for an interview and these are scheduled in October through January. During interviews, applicants will have an opportunity to meet with our Program Director, faculty and staff.
Applicants must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents. At this time, our institution does not sponsor visas.
Please note that the deadline for applying through ERAS is December 15, 2015.
NRMP #: 1530120C0
Program ID#: 1202500719
Required Documents for Application
- USMLE/COMLEX Scores – Competitive academic achievement in USMLE/COMLEX scores will be given preference and copies of the USMLE/COMLEX test scores must be forwarded to accompany the application. Applicants must have passed USMLE Steps 1 and 2/COMLEX Level 1 and 2 on the first attempt unless there are extenuating circumstances that affected performance. Passing USMLE Step 2 CS/COMLEX Level 2-CE prior to the start of residency is a requirement of employment.
- Applicants must have graduated from medical school within 2 years of applying to the program.
- Applicants must have excellent English comprehension, written and speaking skills.
- ECFMG Certificate – International Graduates must include a valid (not expired) copy of the ECFMG certificate with their application.
- Letters of Recommendation – In addition to a Dean’s letter from medical school, three letters of recommendation must be sent through ERAS. These letters should attest to the applicant’s demonstrated interest in family medicine, personal qualifications, and scholastic and clinical abilities.
Selected applicants will be interviewed beginning October 9, 2015, and will run through December 18, 2015. Those selected will be offered an interview via email from the Residency Coordinator.
In order to be ranked, all applicants must have posted a passing score for USMLE/COMLEX Step 2 prior to the rank order deadline. Inquiries may be directed to the Residency Coordinator.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for admission without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, or national origin. ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital is an equal education opportunity institution.
ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital Family Medicine Residency
718 N. Macomb Street
Monroe, MI 48162
Patricia Schmitt, Program Coordinator
Phone: (734) 240-4594
Fax: (734) 240-5322