650 Stewart Road
Patient-centered care, for the whole family
What is family medicine?
Family medicine is a type of primary care that provides care to all family members, from infants to seniors.
What is the Family Medicine Residency Center?
Our family medical center is unique to Monroe County as a dedicated health care facility for the training of family physicians. As such, your care team will include doctors completing their family medicine specialty training and experienced, board-certified faculty physicians.
What types of care does this family medical center provide?
Our family physicians are trained to provide a comprehensive range of primary care, including:
- Preventive and wellness care: Including routine checkups, immunizations and screenings, as well as assessments of health risk and healthy lifestyle counseling
- Treatment for acute conditions: Including cold and flu, infections and injuries
- Management of chronic conditions: Including diabetes and high blood pressure
- Treatment for children: Pediatric care for infants, children and adolescents, including sports physicals
- Senior care: Compassionate medical care for older family members
- Prenatal and obstetric care
In addition, our family medicine physicians coordinate care with other specialty physicians when necessary.
Why should I consider the Family Medicine Residency Center for our primary care?
At the Monroe Family Medicine Residency Center, each patient receives patient-centered primary care, while developing a personal, ongoing relationship with a resident family physician. Through this unique relationship, the family physician gains a comprehensive knowledge of each patient’s health history and care needs – reducing the risk for future health issues, while ensuring that each family member can achieve the highest quality of life.
To make an appointment with a resident family physician at the Monroe Family Medicine Residency Center, located at 650 Stewart Road, call (734) 240-8430.