General Visiting Guidelines
General visiting hours for our Medical/Surgical Units and Obstetrics Unit are 24 hours, 7 days a week and/or at the discretion of the clinical staff based on the condition of the patient. Obstetrics visitors under the age of 18 may visit under the supervision of an adult, but must leave the patient’s room and the unit by 8:30 p.m.
- Visitors limited to two people at a time.
- Visitors are not permitted to smoke anywhere on the hospital grounds.
- For infection control reasons, visitors are asked not to sit on beds or to visit if they are ill.
Intensive Care Unit Visiting Guidelines:
- Medical/Surgical Units and Obstetrics:
- 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Inpatient Behavioral Health Services
- 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Saturday and Sunday
- Intensive Care
- 24 hours, 7 days a week
Open visitation unit based on individual patient need
Due to the severity of the patient’s condition, visiting is limited to immediate family members, two visitors at a time and persons 12 years or older unless special permission is granted. Some situations require visitors to arrive at the hospital after visiting hours are over at 8:30 p.m. and the main doors are locked. After 8:30 p.m., visitors must use the Emergency Department entrance at the south end of the campus, where security officers will assist them.
Families and friends are an important part of the healing process. Please ask your visitors to be considerate of you and other patients on the unit by following these guidelines.
- Please do not visit patients if you are not feeling well, exhibit cold or flu symptoms or suspect you have an infection or a fever.
- Please supervise children visiting the nursing units at all times. For their health and safety, do not allow children to crawl on the floor or to touch items and equipment.
- Please be considerate of other patients on the floor by speaking in low tones and limiting the number of visitors to two people at a time.
- Clean your hands upon entering and exiting the patient’s room to avoid the transmission of germs.
- ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital is a tobacco-free environment. The use of tobacco products in the buildings or anywhere on hospital system properties is not allowed.
- The nursing staff may ask relatives and friends to avoid visiting at certain times of the day so patients may rest.
- Visiting hours and restrictions may be adjusted due to seasonal restrictions and/or the safety of our patients.
For Our Guests
ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital provides convenient, free parking to patients and visitors. The security officers are on duty 24 hours a day, monitoring the hospital’s grounds and to keep our visitors safe. The Security Department advises visitors to lock their vehicles and to store valuable items out of the plain view of others.
A free valet service is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Patients and visitors may pull their vehicle up to the main entrance and our valet will park your vehicle for you. Members of the valet staff are hospital employees and cannot accept tips.
Some situations require visitors to arrive at the hospital after visiting hours are over at 8:30 p.m. and the main doors are locked. After 8:30 p.m., visitors must use the Emergency Department entrance at the south end of the campus, where security officers will assist them.
ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital has free guest wireless internet service throughout its facility. Patients and their guests may access this service. The SSID is MMHguest. Please secure laptop computers when not in use. Mercy Memorial does not provide technical support for this service, nor is it responsible for the accuracy of the content found on the internet.
From North East
From I-75 south, take exit 18 (Nadeau Road), turn right onto Nadeau Road. From Nadeau Road, make a left turn onto Vivian Road. Take Vivian Road past Hurd Road to Cole Road, making a right turn onto Cole Road. From Cole Road, make a left turn onto Macomb Street. ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital will be on you left side.
From North West
From I-275, take exit 2 (Telegraph Road), turn right onto Telegraph road. Take Telegraph Road past Newport Road and Grafton Roads to Telegraph/M-125 (Monroe Street) split, veer left onto Monroe Street. Take Monroe Street past Nadeau, Heiss and Cole/Stewart Roads. Turn left onto Lemerand Street. ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital will be in front of you.
From I-75 north, take exit 13 (E. Front Street), turn left onto e. Front Street. Take E. Front Street to Macomb Street, making a right turn onto Macomb Street. Take Macomb Street to ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital on right side.
From M-50 (South Custer Road), drive east along South Custer Road. South Custer turns into W. Front Street. Take W. Front Street to Monroe Street, making a left turn onto Monroe Street. Take Monroe Street past W. Elm Avenue to Lemerand Street, making a right turn onto Lemerand. ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital will be in front of you.