When you need to have a test done, it’s nice to know there is a hospital that offers convenient appointments to fit your schedule. To request an appointment for a test or procedure, either call Central Schedule at (734) 240-4188 or complete our online appointment request.
Our Diagnostic Imaging Services consists of:
Computed Axial Tomography (CT)
- 64-Slice, faster and more image detail
- Allows visualization of coronary arteries and function of the heart (CTA), without invasive conventional heart catheterization. Performs other intricate exams of the arteries, vessels and organs as well as bone studies.
- We were selected as one of 20 out of 120 Michigan hospitals to participate in the Blue Cross Blue Shield pilot program for CT coronary angiography. This was based on excellent quality of equipment, technologists and ability of our trained radiologists to read these studies.
- Ability to offer same-day, next-day appointments.
- Nine CT Registered Technologists
- Examination include UGI, Small Bowel, Esophagus, Barium Enema, and Modified Barium Swallow.
A minimally invasive treatment for vascular and non-vascular disease, using small catheters and catheter-based instruments guided by radiological imaging techniques such as x-rays, fluoroscopy, ultrasound, and CT.
- Exams include abscess drainage, needle biopsies, thoracentesis, paracentesis, and chest tube placement, to name a few.
- Eight Specialty Registered Nurses and Registered Technologists assist the Radiologist with these procedures.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- 3-Tesla strength magnet, only one in southeast Michigan.
- 4-D Breast MRI examinations, state-of-the-art digital technology.
- Two, dual head gamma cameras to maximize efficiency and resolution.
- Correlating scheduling with other imaging departments for continuity of care such as Cardiac stress tests, CT and Ultrasound.
- Ability to examine patients who have sensitivities to contrast media or magnets. Nuclear Medicine uses radioisotopes without contraindication.
- 3 Philips IU22 machines provide quality examinations to specific areas in the body with the ability of 3D and 4D images.
- Assists with biopsies and specialized interventional procedures.
- Ultrasound guided breast core biopsy using the Mammotome Biopsy System, a minimally invasive state-of-the-art technology which is performed in an outpatient setting.
- Compliments mammography in Women’s Health with breast ultrasound as well as cyst aspirations and needle localizations.
- GE Discovery ST is designed to help physicians diagnose and localize cancer faster than ever before.
- Potential reduction of invasive procedures such as biopsies and unnecessary surgeries.
- Accurate location of cancer lesions, identification of benign versus malignant lesions, and differentiation from scar tissue.
- The ability to monitor the effectiveness of treatment and adjust the plan during, rather than at the end of, treatment.