Back to Women's Center
- Breast ultrasounds use sound waves to evaluate a breast abnormality or area of concern.
Ultrasound Guided Core Biopsy
- Local anesthesia is used to obtain core specimens of tissue from the breast for pathological review.
- Ultrasound guided biopsies are performed at Mercy Memorial Hospital System by a radiologist or surgeon.
Ultrasound Guided Cyst Aspiration
- Ultrasound guided cyst aspiration removes liquid from a cystic structure in the breast for analysis by a pathologist.
- This procedure is performed at Mercy Memorial Hospital System by a radiologist or surgeon.